Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
Connectwise RMM Integration Guide
The Connectwise RMM Integration can be used to connect your Halo instance to your ConnectWise asset management tool; allowing you to sync sites and assets related to those sites from Connectwise.
Follow this guide to set up the integration.
Step 1 - Getting up the right pages
- On your Connectwise RMM page's navigation panel, head to Settings > Admin > Integration > PSA Integration and choose the "Other Authorised Vendors" from the dropdown.
- On your Halo instance, head to Configuration > Integrations > Connectwise RMM
Step 2 - The Connectwise RMM Page
- API Token: This is the token you will use to link the two applications together, and this should have been inputted in the fourth field of Step 2; "API Key".
- Integrator User: This is the Username you chose in Step 2 for "Username".
- Integrator Password: This is the Password you chose in Step 2 for "Password".
- Confirm Integrator Password: Re-Enter the Integrator Password's value.
- Callback URL: This will be your Halo URL, appended with "/api/notify/ConnectwiseRMM". An example is shown in the image below.
- Callback Method: Set this to "GET".
Step 3 - The Halo Page
- URL: Input your Connectwise RMM page's URL into this field, up to and including ".net/".
- Username: Choose a Username to connect with, this Username is not related to anything other than connecting these applications. You may input whatever you like.
- Password: Choose a Password to connect with, again, this can be whatever you like.
- API Key: This you will need to grab from the Connectwise RMM page, it will be in large bold letters atop the interface, labeled "API Token".
- Default Customer: This will be the customer that Sites are mapped to, should a matching Site not be found in the mappings table.
- Site and Asset Type Mapping Tables: These can be used to match Connectwise sites to Halo sites, and likewise with Asset Types.
- Default Asset Type: This will be the assigned Asset Type should a matching Asset Type not be found in the mappings table.
- Asset Matching Field: This is the field that will be used to match any existing assets in Halo to assets being imported from Connectwise RMM should they be present on both sides already. A unique identifier is reccomended here.
- Enable alert processing: This will turn on the functionality to map any alerts from Connectwise RMM to Halo. This will then present extra fields for chosing both the Ticket Type for said alerts, and the User they will be allocated to.
- Enable the Halo Integrator for the ConnectWise Rmm integration: This will initiate the automatic, scheduled syncing between Halo and Connectwise RMM via the Halo Integrator. If you don't have one of these set up, please contact our Help Desk and we can set you on the path towards getting one (this is a free service). The enabling of this option will present an extra field for choosing which entities, i.e. Sites or Assets (or both), to sync.
- Deactivate Assets in Halo when they are deleted Connectwise Rmm (Halo Integrator only): This option will cause any Assets that are deleted in Connectwise RMM to be deactivated in Halo when the Halo Integrator next runs. This will, in turn, require the Halo Integrator function to be enabled to function.
Step 4 - Sync Up!
- First, click the "Activate" button on the Connectwise RMM Page. You should be presented with "Ticketing API Configured successfully.".
- Now head to your Halo Page, and select the "Import Sites" button. This, if set up successfully, will bring up a list of your Sites in Connectwise RMM. Click "Start" in the top right to begin the import.
- Once that is done, you can now import your Assets from Connectwise RMM the same way; using the "Import Assets" button.
- You have now successfully linked Connectwise RMM tool to your Halo instance. Should you have the Integrator set up, this will continue to sync on the designated schedule.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through