Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
Customer, Site and User Records
Halo has easy-to-use importing functionality to bring your customer or end-user data onto the platform efficiently.
The Clients Screen
This screen provides an overview of your customer records. You can search your existing records or create new ones here:
It should be noted that you can search on the address when searching for clients/sites.
Clicking into an existing customer record will take you to the screen below.
There are multiple tabs which all hold different information relating to the customer in question:
- The details tab delineates all the key information for that particular customer, for example their active status.
- The "Sites & Users" tab will show you a list of all of the customer's sites. Clicking through to one of these sites will show you all the users under that site.
- The CRM notes tab will show you any notes held against that customer.
- The overview tab will show the number of open tickets against the client in question.
- The tickets tab shows a list of all tickets. This can be filtered down much like the tickets screen.
- The opportunities tab is much like the tickets tab, however it only shows sales tickets.
- Assets displays a list of all assets linked to this customer.
- Activity shows agent and end-user actions on tickets.
- Contracts displays any contracts you have against that customer.
- Invoices displays any invoices against that customer.
- The documents tab has drag and drop functionality which allows you to store documents against the customer.
- The settings tab is where you can customise the behaviour of tickets, billing and emails for each individual client. These can be set en masse during an import or amended using one. Alternatively, clicking edit in the top left you can amend the settings for this particular client.
These are mostly explanatory in their function with only the billing items being less obvious. These are explained in the billing guide.
Creating a New Record
Clicking new on the customer records screen (which is accessed by pressing new in the upper right of the inner window), takes you to a blank customer record to fill in. Here you are asked to provide details of the main site, any associated notes, their timezone and a main contact for them.
Simply press save and you have created a new customer!
Screen Layout profiles can be configured to change what tabs show on your customers Configuration > Advanced Settings > Screen Layout Profiles
Tabs can be dragged and dropped to different sections of the tab bar
Editing each tab you can decide to hide tab or not
NB: This screen layout set will be applied to all customers
You can then go back to the advanced settings main page and select your new screen layout profile on the dropdown shown below:
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through