Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
Halo provides the ability to easily manage software licenses among your assets and across all of your customers.
Enabling Software Licensing
First, head to Configuration > Teams & Agents > Roles > Select your role, e.g. "Administrator" > Permissions, and make sure that you have the "Software Licensing " permission. This must be switched to "Read and Modify" to implement this functionality.
You'll find the option to enable software licensing in Configuration > Asset Management > Optional Features. Mouse over the Software Licensing button and click the '+' symbol to turn on the feature.
Creating a Software License
Once it's enabled open up one of your customers and you'll find a 'Software Licenses' tab has now appeared. From there, you can view the existing software licenses stored at that customer, or add a new license. A new license allows you to define:
- A name for the software (required)
- The number of licenses
- The site at which the licenses are associated (if required)
- The manufacturer of the software
- The price the software was purchased for
- The date the license(s) were purchased
- Any notes you may wish to record
To assign a license to an asset, open up the asset and you should now find a tab called 'Software'. On this tab you can add (using the '+') a piece of software. You can define:
- A name for the software (Required. It can be different to the name of the software defined on the license and any name is acceptable)
- Software version installed
- The software license. This is the license we configured above, so you should find it in the drop-down.
- License count
- Install date
Save the changes to the asset and navigate back to the customer's Software Licenses tab and you'll see that the 'Available Licenses' has decreased accordingly. You can click on the software license to view more information. There you'll also find an 'Assets' tab that will list out all of the assets that are currently using a license.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through