Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
Custom tables can be used to store tabular data against various different entities in Halo, including:
- Supplier Contracts
This guide will take you through the process of adding a new custom table, using a location custom table as an example.
Adding a new Custom Table
You'll find the option to add a new custom table in Configuration > Custom Objects > Custom Tables > New. Here you can specify:
- The table name. This is only used by the back-end and will need to be unique among custom table names. This is the only option which you cannot change later.
- Table Label. As the name suggests, this will be what the table is labeled as/named in the interface.
- Notes about the table
- Which entity (listed above) that you want the custom table to be associated with, essentially where the table will appear in the interface.
Here's an example new table set up for a table containing details of managers at a location:
Once you save the table, you will then see a 'Field List' tab. This field list will form the columns in your custom table. The fields are set up in much the same way as normal custom fields (check out our 'Custom Field' guide here for details about configuring these). The additional setting you will have here is a checkbox labeled 'Show in table details', that determines if the field is visible on the custom table.
Now that your custom table has been created, you will need to create a custom field of type 'Table':
You will find that once the 'Table' type has been selected, you will be prompted to link this new custom field to a custom table (of the same entity):
Beneath this setting, you will find further configuration options including the option to specify the tab that this new table appears under.
Once the relevant custom table and tab have been selected, click 'Save' to view your newly created table:
(Please note that similar to other custom field configuration, your new custom table would have to be added to the ticket type 'Field List' for it to display against the ticket).
To modify your custom table values, simply edit the relevant entity (in our example: the site) and click '+' found at the top right-hand corner of the table.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through