Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
Halo provides the option to allocate Pre-Pay time against your end-users, with the option of time logged against them used from a bank of 'Pre-Pay' time.
Against each client you will find the 'Pre-Pay' tab:
This is where you can specify the Pre-Pay details against the client (if applicable). Here, you will find the following options:
- Recurring Pre-Pay - this area will allow you to set Pre-Pay that updates on a scheduled basis. You will be able to populate the date of the next payment, the amount paid, and the agreed hours that have been paid for. There is also the option here to create invoices populated with the Pre-Pay details.
- Pre-Pay Auto Topup - This area allows you to set an automatic top-up of Pre-Pay hours that triggers once a threshold has been reached. You can specify the threshold (remaining time) that has to be met for the top-up to take place and the amount to top up by/to. You can also specify the cost per hour of this topped up time.
- Pre-Pay History - Here you will see a table of information relating to the Pre-Pay hours that have been added into the system. This is where you manually populate any Pre-Pay that you would like to apply to the client.
To add Pre-Pay to a client, firstly click the 'Edit' button highlighted:
You will then see the option to add Pre-Pay to the 'Pre-Pay History' tab:
Upon clicking the '+' icon you will be taken to a window where you can fill in the Pre-Pay hours, the amount paid, date added along with invoice/expiry date (you can also add any notes relevant to the Pre-Pay that has been added).
After you have added Pre-Pay to a client and save your changes, you will see the 'Periodic History' tab presented:
This tab will show a record of the Pre-Pay against the client, and will be updated based on the Pre-Pay time logged against the client.
In order to have time logged on tickets match to the Pre-Pay added for a client, you will have to add a record to the client's Billing Plan Combination. This can be achieved via heading to the 'Settings' tab against the client, where you will find the 'Billing Plan Combinations' section:
Again, hitting the 'Edit' button just above the Client name and clicking the '+' to add a new billing plan allows you to set the criteria that are to be met in order for an action to count against the specified Pre-Pay time bank. In the example above, any action performed with the charge rate of 'Remote Support' against a ticket of any ITIL type and any category will apply to the Pre-Pay that has been added.
You can also configure some global Pre-Pay settings by heading to Configuration>Billing>Pre-Pay. Here you will find the following:
When the 'Global pre-pay balance checks' option is ticked, an email will be sent out to the relevant end-user when their pre-pay hours goes below the specified threshold. Here, you will also be able to determine whether or not time logged against a client uses pay-as-you-go when the pre-pay time bank runs out.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through