Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
Halo In-App Dashboard
1. Head in to Configuration>Reporting>Dashboards and add new. Chose your Dashboard name, and the Dashboard Type will be In-App.
2. In the Layout tab is where you can add the widgets to create your Dashboard. Click on Add Widget to add a new one.
3. From here you can chose a name for your widget, and the type you wish to create.
The following types of Widget can be added;
- Report data - shows the table from a report
- Report Chart - shows the chart from a report. This has a drill-down when clicking on the chart.
- Report Counter - Counts rows, or sums a column from a report. This has a drill-down when clicking on the counter.
- Feature menu - shows the normal home screen feature menu
- Activity Feed - shows the normal home screen activity feed
- Custom HTML - input your own HTML
In this first example we will be using Report Data, and the widget I am creating is for Open Tickets, based on our Open Tickets report in our Reporting suite.
In the Report drop down, we will chose the Open Ticket Report. When saving, the widget will appear like so:
As a Report Counter:
As a Report Chart for tickets logged month by month:
You can drag the widgets from the bottom right hand corner using the arrow to change the size of the widget.
4. To change the colour of the widget, you can use Custom CSS colours to achieve this. We can make the background and text colour for Widget 1 blue using the following script. Ensure that you have the correct widget number:
And this is how the widget will appear once saved:
5. Once you have added all your widgets, you can drag and drop and change the sizes of the widgets so they display how you want them to appear on the Home screen. We would recommend adding the feature menu to the dashboard, which highlights all of the buttons for areas within Halo that the agent has permissions to:
6. A setting has been added at global level and an agent level override to show an in-app dashboard on the home screen. This replaces the usual home screen from the feature menu and below with your chosen dashboard. This can be found under Configuration>Reporting>Settings:
The end result should look something like this:
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through