Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
This is a short guide on the To-Do Lists funcitonality of Halo, and can be used on tickets in all three of our Products.
Creating To-Do Lists in Halo can provide your agents with handrails and progress-tracking capabilities straight from the ticket interface. They provide a simple interaction whereby you can tick off tasks, or whatever else you would like listed, one by one as you complete them.
Common use cases for these include the listing of tasks that one may not necessarily need to do via Halo, for example; "In-person site visit completed", or to list smaller tasks that would not really warrant an entire ticket; "Emailed customer with follow-up details".
These can be set up on an ad-hoc basis, via the top left "three dots" menu of a ticket view, the button you're looking for is "Add a To-Do item".
This option provides two routes to adding the items, one being a simple text-box entry, which will just add that line to the list, displayed on the ticket details section, and will only apply to that one ticket, like so:
As you can see, it is also possible to add to-do lists from a Template, which is referencing a 'Ticket Template', which takes us to our second way to add To-Do List items to a ticket.
Ticket templates can be configured to have a To-Do List by default, which will save a lot of time, and normalise these lists throughout your service desk. The addition of these is as simple as heading to the 'To-Do List' section of a Ticket Template and adding what you'd like there. The afore-mentioned option will pull this list straight from the template, (this will not apply the rest of the template, only the to-do list). The below example has been pulled from the 'PC/Laptop Installation' template, which is a default in the trials;
A new feature, added in version 2.134.1, allows you to create To-Do List Groups, which can be seen as the third option in the menu above.
These groups are configured in the General Settings section of the Tickets configuration menu. This is a further way to speed up the addition of these lsits, which is essentially a pre-configured list of items, which can be applied to both the templates themselves, or directly to the tickets in the same way as before. This time, you can select your chosen group, and it will be applied in the same way as before, and these items will be 'grouped' in the list, as below, but can be re-ordered and marked as completed individually.
Now that we have the To-Do Lists set up, we can configure our workflows (as of 2.134.1), with a couple of different step actions;
- "All To-Do List items completed", this will move the workflow to a new step when all the items have been checked off as completed.
- "To-Do List Group completed", this will behave the same, however will only require a desgnated subgroup of the list to be completed. A use case for this, against the prior option, would be to have some sort of fast-track for your workflow, or perhaps a child-ticket be created off the back of the tasks in that group being completed.
If any more details are required on Ticket Templates, or Child / Parent ticket relationships, please use the following links to view our relevant guides, linked in the initial description of this guide.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through