Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
Guides > Halo Asset Discovery
Halo Asset Discovery
- Purchase of Halo Asset Discovery via an agreement between your organization and Halo Service Solutions or a previous purchase of Lansweeper.
- Lansweeper's Hosted Version
- If your Lansweeper instance is hosted in an On-Premise SQL database instead of Lansweeper's Web App, we suggest considering a discussion with your Lansweeper representative. Explore the feasibility of transitioning to Lansweeper's hosted version, their flagship product featuring all the latest and future developments, along with robust support services.
- Lansweeper to be setup (Lansweeper support at email@example.com is more than well equipped to assist with this)
- Site prepared
- Scanning device
- Assets Processed
- Navigate to your Halo Asset Discovery integration setup page. You can find this in Configuration > Integrations > Halo Asset Discovery or <Halo Agent Portal URL>/config/integrations/haloassetdiscovery.
- Click "Authorize Application"
- This will redirect you to your hosted instance of Lansweeper. You will then be redirected back to Halo where you can start making specific configuration changes.
- Choose a connection type.
- Hit "Add" under the "Site Mappings" table to configure Halo to import assets from a specific site in Lansweeper to a specific site in Halo.Popup:
- When importing new assets, Halo will match entries onto the asset types that live in Halo at the time of the sync. If an asset type in Lansweeper does not exist in Halo, Halo will create a new asset type. You must configure which asset group that new asset type is generated under.
- Field mappings are the rules which tell Halo what information to pull from Lansweeper and where to store the information once the asset is brought into Halo. Click "Add" on the "Field Mappings" table to start building our your field mappings.Popup:
- You can select among various "Halo Asset Discovery Field Type" (Categorizations of fields from Lansweeper) and then select the field itself. Then you designate which Halo field this will come in as.
- Handy hint: map to asset field, "*Create a new Field during the next import*" to auto-match onto Halo fields with the same name as the Lansweeper field. If no field exists with the same name (name has to be exact match), the a new field will be auto-generated to store the information.
- Set the asset matching field. This field tells Halo what value to watch out for in case the same exists in its database already. In that case, Halo would update an existing asset in your system rather than creating a new one (potentially duplicating assets).
- Setup the asset type matching logic. You can set one of three options.
- This is for the simple import where every asset from Lansweeper should be imported as a single asset type. Once selected, you will be prompted to select an asset type for assets to be imported into Halo as.
- This allows you to differentiate the asset type of the asset based on a field against the asset type. At the moment, this option only allows you to select the "Type" field from Lansweeper. This field is intended to match well with the type field in Halo. This configuration is most commonly used.
- This allows you to write additional logic to decide which assets come in as what asset types based on rule sets. When selected you are prompted with the below table. Click "Add" to create a new rule. Popup:
- You select which asset type this rule matches to. Multiple conditions can be added in the criteria table.
- Also with this selection, you are able to tell Halo to not pull any assets that do not match a rule.
- Set the extra user matching field (optional).
- Extra configuration (optional).
- Export site information from Lansweeper. This is a required step prior to importing asset entries.Once exporting has begun, you can check the progress of your export.
- Run a manual import (optional).
- Check the below box to enable this integration for the Halo Integrator to run when its schedule permits.
- It is worth noting, the Halo Integrator is generally a hosted application which Hosted customers of Halo Service Solutions will already have setup for them. If you have questions regarding the state of your Halo Integrator application, please reach out to your dedicated support team. You can find support information by going to the agent portal and hitting the '?' on the top right of your screen.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through