Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
Agent Permission Settings
Agent permissions can be used to control how your agents use the system and which areas they have access to. For a comprehensive list of agent settings and descriptions head to this admin guide: Agents Settings with Descriptions
Agent permissions are held under their settings. These can be set by roles (e.g. Standard User or Administrator), roles are used to determine agent permissions in bulk. There is a hierarchy to these permissions, with inherited permissions (those from a role) having a lower priority than those directly changed in the agent configuration:
- Specifically, if an agent has "Read Only" access inherited from a role and you elevate that permission to a higher level of access, changing the role to "No Access" will not affect that agent's access.
- Similarly if a role grants read only permission to customers for example but you wish to revoke their access, you will have to alter the role. You cannot lower their access below that of any role they hold.
Under Configuration > Teams and Agents > Agents and clicking on any given agent will take you to their settings. Head to the permissions tab.
The general permissions speak for themselves, indicating administrator status and whether they can edit their own preferences or notifications.
The feature access permissions are for access to the global areas accessible in the left hand navigation pane. These directly relate to the modules you have enabled in the configuration.
|The tickets permissions dictate how any given agent may interact Halo tickets:
The lower set of permissions relate to other areas of Halo.
Ticket type restrictions are the only ticket types accessible to the agent; if none are selected then all are accessible, similarly with the client restrictions.
An "Access Control" button will now show on various areas of Halo, namely: Ticket Types, Approval Processes and Workflow config screens.
This allows you to assign the Modify, or Owner access to a Role or Agent for the object.
Agents which have Modify or Owner access to an entity will have access to a "My Config" area if they are not an administrator. This allows them to edit the objects they have this access for. If they are an Owner, they will also have access to delete the object and assign permissions to the object.
A new permission has also been added called 'Allow creation of new Ticket Types and linked objects". If this is granted to an Agent they will get access to config to be able to create new Ticket Types, Actions, Approval Processes and Workflows.
Other permissions such as the password field, which is relating directly to the password type of field available in Halo. If this is set to not visible then any field with the data type 'Password' will not be visible to the agent. For the more comprehensive list, head to the admin guide link at the top of this article.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through