Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
Understanding Halo Web-App Software Releases
How to check the version and release notes of your Halo Web-App and any upcoming versions.
Clicking the question mark in the top right of the window opens the following menu:
The highlighted options will give you information about the version you are currently using, upcoming releases and the changes included with these.
About - Opens a pop-up window showing you the web-app version you are currently on, the database version and support details.
Whats New? - This provides information on changes included in releases of the software.
Show Release Details - A detailed breakdown of all changes, major and minor included in all releases split up by version.
A release comes in one of 3 forms, these are:
- Stable Release:
- This is a tested stable version of Halo and our recommended version of the software at any given time.
- Release Candidate:
- A partially tested release due to be the next stable release.
- An early version which has not undergone full testing, often including customer specific changes.
Any release of Halo will have a version number associated with it, of the form 'AA.BB.CC'. Each set of numbers signifies a specific version:
- AA is the major version number. This details major overhauls to the UI or backend and landmarks in development.
- BB is the database version. This will update to ensure relevant fields included in the database or changes made to the database are effectively brought forward.
- CC is the minor version. This increases when changes are made to functionality or noted bugs are found and fixed.
An example is 1.14.9. 1 is the major version, 14 is the database version and 9 is the minor version.
Please contact support about upgrading your Web-App and we can assist you in this process.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through