Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
Depending on the workflow associated with the ticket there are many ways to update an end-user. These can include but are not limited to:
- Quick actions that send emails.
- Emails that send from a set of fields to be filled in by the agent.
- A public email action to filled in from a blank text box.
Sending a Public Email Update
Typically a workflow allows an end-user to be updated at any point in the process. This would be done by carrying out the following:
- Open the ticket that you wish to update.
- Click the "Email User" or "Public Update" action button.
- When composing the email, you have standard email functionality that you would expect with Outlook. Important functionality to highlight:
- Embed images by copying and pasting them into the email or by selecting the 'Insert Image' button.
- Drag and drop attachments or attach by using the paperclip button.
- Show additional email options, such as CC and BCC by hovering over the three-dot menu.
- The email list that pre-populates in the To and Cc fields comes from the email list on the ticket. This can be updated manually, or dynamically. You can update the email list manually (to change the default To and Cc values for future actions) by clicking on the menu button on the top-right of the ticket and selecting 'Edit Email Recipients'.
- Insert canned text (stored responses) by selecting the 'Insert Canned Text' button. To create new canned responses, highlight your email and then select the plus button located next to the insert button.
- Once the email has been composed, update any fields that are relevant (e.g. status and time taken).
- Once filled in, hit send.
- After hitting send you will be presented with the email preview screen, this is where you can double check that the email you are sending is complete.
- It will pull the email template assigned by the action and any $-variables in the email you've written or in the template and fill in the information you have written in the text box.
- If everything is correct in the email preview, you can hit send, if anything requires changing, hit cancel and repeat steps 4-6.
- Once finally submitted you will see the email shown as an action on the ticket.
The "Email Preview" screen is the same as the edit action screen, this has tabs for the time and billing options associated with the action.
You've updated a ticket by email, typically this will set the status to "With User" and await a response for further action.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through