Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
The Report Screen Explained
The reporting feature is a very powerful tool which allows you to explore your Halo database in full. With this it is possible to view metrics specific to your service desk, interpret this information and subsequently make changes to your system based on your findings.
A Full Explanation of the Report Screen
- Edit - Click to edit the report, explained in section 2.
- Overwrites the report.
- Copies this report to a new report, opens a new window so you can rename and change the details.
- Print brings up your browser's print menu.
- Exports this report to CSV, also available is Print to Excel as an additional or replacement option in Configuration > Advanced Settings.
- Opens the report up into its own window free of the upper and left navigation panes.
- This is the reporting date range you are looking at. This is available when using the @startdate and @enddate variables within the report.
- The filters enable you to filter the report by the columns selected in the SQL script of the report.
- This refreshes the data in the report to the current state of the database.
Editing a Report
Clicking 'Edit' will open the edit pane (see below), this contains all of the options required to edit what is shown in the report, what data is represented in what format and whether/when it is sent out from Halo to any email addresses.
- Details - The name and summary of the report including which group it is stored within.
- Report Setup - The SQL code with which the report is generated.
- Fields - Here you select which columns of data to pull through from the data to the report. You can also edit column orders and create "Totals" for columns here.
- Chart Setup - Configuration for adding a graph to the report.
- Availability - Controls for who can access the report, be it users, agents or a publication link for external use such as a dashboard.
- Scheduled Emails - Configuration for emailing this report on a schedule.
- Preview - This takes you to the report preview to see any changes made without saving the report.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through