Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
The Asset Catalogue
Viewing your Asset Catalogue
Heading to the Assets page in Halo will bring up the full list of assets. These are filtered by type and group. Some examples of asset types are as follows:
- Dell Laptop.
- Samsung Monitor.
- Xiaomi Mobile Phone.
- Microsoft Office 365.
- AVG Antivirus.
These are some examples of asset groups:
- Configuration Items.
Adding a New Asset
When received from a supplier, assets should be added into Halo. This can be done by cloning from an existing asset or creating a new one.
When you create your first asset in Halo you should give this a unique asset tag. This will be a unique identifier for the asset and be searchable throughout the system. When you create a new asset and click "Generate" next to asset tag this will iterate on the last tag in the system, adding 1 to it.
E.g. The first asset is ABC001, the second asset is ABC002 and so on.
This generates a new asset with the same details as the original with the next generated asset tag:
- Right click on an asset.
- Click "Clone".
- Choose the number of clones required.
- Click create.
This will generate the number of clones selected of the same type and at the same site, with the next available asset tags. i.e. You generate 11 clones and the next ID is HLG1234, you will therefore generate HLG1234->HLG1244.
Adding a New Asset
- Click "New Asset" or hover over the 3 dots and click "New".
- Generate or input a new asset tag.
- Choose the type and site.
- Pick a status and whether the asset is yet active.
- Fill in any relevant details of the asset in the additional section.
- Navigate through the further tabs and fill in details as necessary.
- Click Save.
Your asset is now created and will be open in your inner window.
Searching for Assets in Halo
There are multiple ways to search for an asset in the Halo system.
You can use the search function to find assets linked to specific users, sites or any field associated with them.
you can also search for assets using column filters. Hovering with the mouse pointer over any column heading on the main asset screen, will bring up the funnel icon. This is the filter button. Clicking this brings up a row of search boxes. Use these to filter the list of assets by the relevant fields, be it serial number, model or otherwise, dependant on your key fields' names for each asset type.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through