Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
The purpose of problem management practice is to reduce the likelihood and impact of incidents by identifying actual and potential causes of incidents, and managing workarounds and known errors.
Using Halo for Problem Management
Navigating to the problems tab will show you a list of current problems that have been and need identifying
If you already have problem types created these will be listed on the left as the default view for problems is by type.
Using the views and filters you can sort and filtered your Problems List by any criteria which is relevant to you such as:
- Open (including SLA hold)
- Date submitted
- Fix by Date
The problem screen is very similar to the ticket view and has the same options for customising this including bulk updating problems, column profile selection by agent and all of the other features of Halo.
Managing your Problems
Built into the system with one of our consultants may have included a problem management workflow. If not, follow our workflow guide or contact support for assistance.
Your workflow should be tailored directly to your needs and will give your agents all of the options for Identification and steps for solutions or workarounds to be found.
One of your users identifies that their printer drivers are not up to date and they contact support;
- An agent sees this and see identifies this as a problem and resolves the issue
- The problem is noted and a workaround is found
- This is to update all users manually whenever they are visited
- The root cause and solution is found
- The technicians are using an old version of the drive image with the same name
- All drive images are collected and compared with the version installed on the user's machine
- The images are collated into a single image to be used for these users
- The image is changed to install auto-updates for the drivers
- Other problems are found related to this and are logged and the process starts anew.
Problem Management Settings
There are settings relating directly to the problems area of your Halo. These are found under Configuration>Tickets>Problem Management.
The Settings will prompt the behaviour that the Problem/Resolution finder when logging or viewing a problem.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through