Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
A key part of the knowledge base and incident or problem resolution practices is using previous and related cases to resolve any current problems or Incidents.
This is where the resolution finder comes into play, it matches articles and tickets on category fields when listed as key words in the articles and ticket summaries with relevant entries.
Using the Resolution Finder
When a problem is viewed by an agent the resolution finder looks through the ticket being viewed for any keywords that have been used in previous tickets or in knowledge base articles.
Here we see it in use;
- A call from a customer who is having printer issues comes in
- The agent has categorised the ticket using the Hardware > Printer Category value
- The resolution finder pops into the upper right corner of the screen with a match
- Navigating through the tabs shows the agent any relevant articles or open/closed incidents.
- The agent can then send this to the user to assist with their issue.
Clicking on any Article will open the article in the right hand pane, this will give you options to Send with Next Action or Via Email. This will send the article to the relevant party.
Clicking on any ticket listed will open this into a new tab for viewing.
Configuring the Resolution Finder
Using the settings under Configuration > Knowledge base, the functionality can be customised. This allows you to tailor more how the problem/resolution finder is used.
Perhaps the most adaptable option here is the Allow matching on Text Custom Fields which will allow the resolution finder to match on these when filled in on a ticket. This can assist in resolution by broadening the search.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through