Documentation to assist with the setup and configuration of the HaloPSA platform
Project Management in Halo
The projects ticket area is used for internal, longer term changes or general projects with multiple milestones and stages if required. Projects have several features that can assist in the monitoring of projects across your organisation and many different departments.
- Project time - The total time taken on the parent ticket and the child tickets
- Budgeting - Setting initial time and costing expected form a given project
- Milestones - Adding stages and/or phases to your projects
These features can all be built into project ticket types and are present in a project ticket type as default.
Your Project Ecosphere
By default Halo includes a project section, this will collate all project tickets under you views and column profiles. Any project tickets are accessed through here.
Clicking into any project you will see the details for the ticket, these are the actions taken the title of the project; The Summary Tab/pane (if the screen width is adequate) which shows the project information and the details of the end user; and the Child Tickets Tab listing all child tickets attached to the project.
On every project ticket will be an information pane, this will contain all of the information for budgeting and costs incurred so far on the project
Any actions taken on projects will contribute towards the costs calculated here. These take one of three forms;
1. Billable actions with no Charge Rate
These will be calculated into the Money Actual field by using the Cost per hour set against each agent. This is editable in the Agent settings at the bottom of the Details Tab
2. Billable actions with a charge rate
These will contribute to the cost by the Time and charge rate associated with the action and add these to the "Money Actual"
3. Non billable actions
These will contribute to the time taken but not the costs.
Using Child Tickets for Delegation or Task Segregation
As a default in projects is the "Create Child Ticket" action, this will generate a child ticket with the given details, created as any other new ticket, and this will contribute towards the project.
Any actions taken on these new tickets as above will contribute in the same fashion as actions on the parent. These tickets however can be assigned out to other agents to delegate relevant tasks in the project.
- Asset Import - CSV/XLS/Spreadsheet Method
- Call Management in Halo
- Creating a New Application for API Connections
- Creating Agents and Editing Agent Details
- Departments, Teams and Roles
- Halo Integrator
- Importing Data
- Multiple New Portals with different branding for one customer [Hosted]
- Organisation Basics
- Organising Teams of Agents
- Step-by-Step Configuration Walk Through